Job role: Technical Auditor
Location: Gloucester & Cornwall
Due to our clients continued growth across the UK, they are actively seeking to employ a Technical Auditor to cover the Gloucester & Cornwall region of the UK. Reporting directly to the Regional Engineers the main purpose of these roles will be to Audit my client's Third party suppliers to ensure adherence to all legal requirements governing Commercial Vehicles.
The Technical Auditor will be regionally based with travel required as an integral part of the role.
- To proactively manage the external maintenance network within an allocated region to ensure compliance with the required statutory and business requirements and that it meets the operational requirements of the business and end users.
- To regularly audit the internal & external maintenance network within an allocated region in accordance with an agreed plan to ensure compliance with the required statutory and business requirements and that it meets the operational requirements of the business and end users.
- To proactively manage the external maintenance provider network within an allocated region to ensure the most cost effective and effective performance for the business and end users.
- To identify and report areas of non-compliance and/or performance failure within the internal and external maintenance network, to produce and manage improvement plans as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the appropriate procurement manager to select the appropriate maintenance providers required in order to fulfil the operational needs of the business.
- To undertake new supplier evaluation audits within an agreed region and to make recommendations on acceptance into the maintenance network.
- To undertake technical inspections of parts at internal and external maintenance providers in respect of warranty claims and work authorisation.
- To own the day to day external maintenance provider relationship within an allocated area on behalf of the business.
- To provide feedback on maintenance provider performance levels and to attend contract review meetings where required.
- To support the reduction in levels of vehicle downtime through exceptional proactive management of issues regarding maintenance provision.
- To undertake technical inspections of vehicles as required and produce written technical reports.
- To ensure that data used and held within the systems is continually reviewed and correct to enable correct ordering procedures.
To be successful in this role you will need to be/have:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Category C Drivers Licence (Essential)
- Category C+E Driver Licence (Preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of “O” Licence Undertakings
- Excellent report writing & presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Good IT Skills particularly MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Good negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of DVSA inspection standards & procedures
- Experience of supplier negotiation
- Audit experience
- Ability to work to targets & deadlines
- Ability to work under own motivation
- Prepared to work outside of “normal” hours
The successful Technical Auditor will earn a basic salary of between £49,000 to £54,000, car allowance included.
You will also receive a Mobile phone, Laptop and contributory pension.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting role for Technical Auditor please reply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or call Tom at Kemp Recruitment on 0330 440 2323 (BT Local Rate) for further information.