Workshop Administrator - Vehicle Rental
My client, a commercial vehicle service and maintenance specialist is actively seeking to employ a Workshop Administrator to work within their vehicle maintenance team.
This Workshop Administrator role reports directly to the Operations Manager and will supplement the administration support processes within the Fleet Maintenance Control Team. Direct interaction with customers, colleagues and suppliers will play a major part within this role and as such, excellent communication skills are essential.
The Workshop Administrator will be responsible for the provision of an efficient administration service to ensure the location and Operations Manager are able to maintain an organised and productive Location. Responsible for supporting the Operations Manager in maximising utilisation and profitability of both workshops and truck rental in line with Business KPI’s.
This role will be responsible for the administration functions of all workshop and rental related activities which will involve; liaising with customers, updating our operating systems, processing recharges and providing legal documentation to our central vehicle admin function.
Key Accountabilities / Tasks:
- Maintenance scheduling and updating system for all vehicles
- Booking in vehicles for service with customer and Branch or external supplier
- Arranging substitute vehicles with Rental as required by contract
- Raising accurate purchase orders for external work as required
- Escalating queries over repairs and costs as necessary
- Chasing/reporting Work in Progress (WiP) with suppliers and Branch vehicles
- Raising purchase orders for imprest stock and attach to relevant job
- Updating warranty register and chasing suppliers
- Obtaining order numbers from Customers for recharges due as per process
- Closing all orders after costing and allocating workshop hours from job cards
- Check and add fitters hours from clock cards on to system
- Update system daily and follow month end processes
- Manage ezLM system for accurate hours, absence and OT recording
- Day to day operational duties including arranging delivery & collection of vehicles, raising rental agreements, completion of damage control sheets & checking vehicles at the start & end of hire with the customers
- Taking bookings from customers
- Planning & prioritising daily workload with the Depot drivers to maximise utilisation & customer service expectations.
- Ensure that all hire related paperwork is completed/signed correctly by company drivers & customers.
- GCSE Maths and English or (above Grade C) or appropriate vocational qualification
- Previous experience in a fast paced administrative role demonstrating a strong customer focus
- IT literate in particular MS Office
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to work on their own initiative
- To work as part of a team across both rental and workshop functions
- Current driving licence is advantageous
- An ability to do the vehicle checks necessary to complete the role as required
The successful Workshop Administrator must have experience working within an HGV workshop environment, those without this direct experience will not be considered for this vacancy.
The hours of work for this exciting Workshop Administrator role will be 9am to 5pm Monday - Friday and the successful applicant can expect to earn £19,000.
To apply for this exciting Workshop Administrator role, please reply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or call Tom at Kemp Recruitment on 0330 440 2323 for further information.