- Location: Glasgow, Glasgow City
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Job sector: HGV / Truck
- Salary: £42120 per annum
- Published: February 2, 2024
About your new company
My client is a large independent HGV Maintenance company with several depots around Scotland. They have been established for over 60 years and are the leaders in bulk transport, they are constantly investing in their fleet ensuring the highest standards of working conditions. Their huge fleet consists of over 160 vehicles, over 500 trailers and tankers. Due to their continued success they are now looking for a skilled HGV Coachbuilder to join their ever growing team.
About your new HGV Coachbuilder role
- You will be required to undertake Welding / Fabricating on commercial vehicle bodies and chassis in a maintenance and refurbishment setting.
The successful HGV Coachbuilder will require
- Experience of medium- heavy fabrication of steel construction & welding – (2mm to 10mm)
- Experience working on HGV’s and trailers is essential
- Ability to build and tack weld fabrication from a drawing and then complete welding
- Ability to spot visual faults in fabrications and correct them in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Previous experience working on commercials vehicles
The successful HGV Coachbuilder will receive
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pensions
- Performance based support and development
- Cycle to work scheme
- On site parking
If you are a HGV Coachbuilder and would like to apply for this exciting role with one of the region’s leading employers, make an application via this advert or alternatively call Shane on 0330 440 2323 (BT Local Rate) for further information