Position: Breakdown Controller
Shift: Nights (4 nights per week Monday-Thursday or Tuesday -Friday)
Contract: Permanent position
Benefits: Pension: 6% employer, 5% employee ,25 days holiday (plus statutory), Death in service 3x annual salary, Company sick pay scheme on passing 6 months probationary.
About your new Breakdown Controller role
Opportunity to join the market leading supplier of specialist vehicles, equipment and support to the UK logistics, distribution, port, industrial, aviation, fire and rescue, road and rail applications
• To take inbound calls from customers and deal with vehicle faults and breakdown / repair requests within the UK.
• Liaise with internal Mobile Service Engineers / third party repairers or assign to the following day, ensuring the customer is kept updated at all times.
• The breakdown controller will action customer repair and breakdown requests in a timely and cost effective manner.
Duties of the Breakdown Controller
• Effectively liaise with customers regarding enquiries.
• Manage customer calls/emails and log repair notifications.
• Allocate appropriate Field Service Engineer response to meet customer requirements.
• Proactively liaise with customers to updated on the reported job progress.
• Ensure maximum utilisation of Field Service Engineering resource according to capacity and geographical location.
• Ensure that all field service vehicle parts sales are recorded accurately and promptly.
Required skills for the Breakdown Controller
• Experience gained in a similar breakdown controller role ideally within the commercial vehicle sector
- Knowledge of the HGV sector
If this Breakdown Controller role is of interest please apply to this advert with an updated copy of your CV