Position: Depot Manager
Location: Stockport area
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-6.00pm and 1 in 2 Saturdays 7am-12pm
Salary: £40K (Flexible depending on experience) + Annual Bonus
Benefits: Fully funded Company Vehicle, Fuel Card, Mobile, Laptop and increased holiday allowance
Contract: Permanent full-time role
Start Date: ASAP
Depot Manager opportunity
My client, a multi-site fleet maintenance company in the North West is looking to recruit an experienced Depot Manager for one of their busy sites. This role is 100% off the tools and reports directly into the MD
The Depot Manager will be responsible for
- Leading a team of HGV Technicians and support staff (drivers & Office) motivating and supporting them to work to a high standard
- Manage the workshop control operation, planning workload and resource and ensuring there is an efficient flow of authorised work, and relevant internal / customer documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all staff are fully instructed on safe workshop practices and correct use of all workshop equipment whilst ensuring the workshop works to legal, Health & Safety and Company standards at all times
- Liaising with customers regarding service schedules, updates, authorities and completion of work.
- Raising of job cards, estimates & invoices as required and update status of jobs on the system in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensuring that parts are ordered and in stock available for the job at the correct time.
- Processing purchase orders accurately.
- Complete costing and pre-invoicing duties where required
- Attending management meetings and reporting on the KPI’s for the depot.
Experience required for the Depot Manager
- Must have previous depot management experience
- Full UK driving licence
- You will either have experience working on HGV vehicles and/or the qualifications to do so and ideally worked on a variety of commercial vehicles.
- City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics, Maintenance & Repair or equivalent
- HGV Technician and workshop experience
- COSHH/IOSH Experience of working in a management role (supervisory/above)
To apply for this Depot Manager with one of the region’s leading commercial vehicle maintainers reply to this advert with an up-to-date copy of your CV