Job: Depot Manager
Our client is a well-established and successful Rail Operator. They are looking for a Depot Manager to join their team at their repairs and service centre. As a Depot Manager you will have an organised, creative and structured approach, showing mentoring and self-motivation skills, whilst thriving on fresh challenges and opportunities. You will be supported by a team of Administrators, Customer Service Manager/s, inhouse and remote engineering teams. This role requires an experienced leader to steer their team in delivering a safe and reliable service as well as having a hands-on approach.
As the Depot Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day running and leading the development of the depot ensuring that the service levels are achieved to enable the operating teams to meet customer demand and hit productivity targets. As part of a reporting function, you will be required to work to agreed KPI’s.
- Extensive management experience with a record of target setting and performance review.
- Commercial and financial awareness and team management experience.
• Effective verbal and written communicator, coupled with problem solving skills, with a clear ability to handle multiple issues.
- Has effective presentation and listening skills coupled with a consultative style to ensure team commitment.
- Is able to work and manage through others by setting clear targets, objectively measuring performance and quality, providing regular feedback and coaching as required.
- Identify and deliver opportunities that can lead to improved financial performance or a stronger relationship with customers.
- You will have a good level of data integrity to ensure accuracy and consistency throughout the depot. In addition, you will have a great focus on customer service and an understanding of a reactive service delivery industry.
Accountabilities & Activities:
- To ensure the realisation and completion of the customers expectations and the turnaround of Locomotive repairs
- To manage all aspects of the depot’s productivity, scheduling repairs and preventative maintenance activities
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and ensure legislative compliance
- To effectively manage staff through appraisals, target setting and absence management
- Ensure proper reporting of Locomotive / customer issues and keep customers fully informed of progress via CSM channels
- Effective management of the depot personnel
- To review, manage and account for all depot generated job cards / invoices
- To ensure the administration of job cards are processed accurately and in accordance with company procedures
- To account for the cost effectiveness of the depot workshop
- To effectively manage the depot maintenance budget
- Assist in the collation and analysis of data to provide insight and create recommendations to improve standards and drive best practise
To apply for this exciting Depot Manager role with one on the UK's leading transport companies, please reply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or call David at Kemp Recruitment on the office number for more information. INDS2