Position: Depot Manager
Location: St Helens area
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-6.00pm and 1 in 2 Saturdays 7am-12pm
Salary: £40K - £45K (depending on experience) + Annual Bonus
Benefits: Fully funded Company Vehicle, Fuel Card, Mobile, Laptop, Simplyhealth plan, increased holiday allowance, half/full year bonus schemes and employee awards
Contract: Permanent full-time role Start Date: Interviewing now for an immediate start
Depot Manager opportunity
My client, a multi-site commercial vehicle fleet maintenance company in the North West is looking to recruit an experienced Depot Manager for one of their busy sites in the St Helens. This role is 100% off the tools and reports directly into the MD
The Depot Manager will be responsible for
- Leading a team of HGV Technicians and support staff (drivers & Office) motivating and supporting them to work to a high standard
- Manage the workshop control operation, planning workload and resource and ensuring there is an efficient flow of authorised work, and relevant internal / customer documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all staff are fully instructed on safe workshop practices and correct use of all workshop equipment whilst ensuring the workshop works to legal, Health & Safety and Company standards at all times
- Liaising with customers regarding service schedules, updates, authorities and completion of work.
- Raising of job cards, estimates & invoices as required and update status of jobs on the system in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensuring that parts are ordered and in stock available for the job at the correct time.
- Processing purchase orders accurately.
- Complete costing and pre-invoicing duties where required
- Attending management meetings and reporting on the KPI’s for the depot.
Experience required for the Depot Manager
- Must have previous depot management experience
- Full UK driving licence
- You will either have experience working on HGV vehicles and/or the qualifications to do so and ideally worked on a variety of commercial vehicles.
- City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics, Maintenance & Repair or equivalent
- HGV Technician and workshop experience
- COSHH/IOSH Experience of working in a management role (supervisory/above)
To apply for this Depot Manager with one of the region’s leading commercial vehicle maintainers reply to this advert with an up-to-date copy of your CV