Position: Depot Manager / VMU Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday 7am-4.30pm (Flexibility required due to nature of role)
Pay: £45,000 - £50,000 + Bonus OTE £65,000
Benefits: Fully expensed vehicle, fuel card, and annual bonus scheme (up to 30% of basic salary)
About your new company
My client is a large HGV Maintenance company with 16 depots around the UK. They ensure a high standard of work, boast a near 100% first time MOT pass rate and ensure all staff are provided with constant training and progression paths.
The Depot Manager / VMU Manager will be responsible for
- Looking after circa 400 pieces of kit to include trucks and trailers
- Responsible for a team (circa 20) of HGV Technicians and support staff leading, motivating and supporting them to work to a high standard
- Manage the workshop control operation, planning workload and resource and ensuring there is an efficient flow of authorised work, and relevant internal / customer documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all staff are fully instructed on safe workshop practices and correct use of all workshop equipment
- Ensure the workshop works to legal and Company standards at all times
- Responsible for the daily control of the workshop (runs 24/7) in order to maintain a high level of productivity and quality repair
Experience required for the Depot Manager / VMU Manager
- Must have experience gained in a similar role to be considered
- Full UK driving licence
- You will either have experience working on HGV vehicles and/or the qualifications to do so and ideally worked on a variety of commercial vehicles.
- City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics, Maintenance & Repair or equivalent
- HGV Technician and workshop experience
- COSHH/IOSH Experience of working in a management role (supervisory/above)
To apply for this Depot Manager / VMU Manager with one of the region’s leading commercial vehicle maintainers reply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or call Shane at Kemp Recruitment on 0330 440 2323 (Charged at BT Local Rate) for further information.