Fleet Field Engineer
Salary - £41,000 - £43,000 + Company Car
Hours - Monday - Friday - 8am - 5.30pm
Location - Milton Keynes A Fleet Field Engineer is required to manage and authorise repair costs on behalf of AAG with our supplier network and to agree the recharging of damage costs with our customers to the point of approval.
Key focus is on managing the maintenance budgets working with our customers and suppliers to ensure we are compliant and cost effective.
The job holder is also expected to provide feedback to the Head of Engineering on any issues or concerns with regards to the performance of our suppliers and will be required to liaise with and assist our sales team as and when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a network of approved repair agents for Service, MOT and Compliance events.
- Work with the FMC team to ensure VOR downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Manage meetings with customers within their individual area with an annual review of performance.
- Plan and minute meetings with service providers within their individual area, reviewing agreed KPI’s, to include an annual SLA review with agreed rates.
- Provide a monthly report on the Maintenance/Budget performance of the individual fleets within their area.
- Ensure work authorised has been carried out to expected AAG standards.
- Check labour and parts are charged at the correct rates / times and with the agreed discounts applied.
- Ensure out of hours costs and away from base costs are as agreed within the Supplier SLA’s.
- Provide details of any work that requires a warranty or goodwill claim so we can process the claim.
- Provide cost saving initiatives for both AAG and our customers.
- Provide support and to the Breakdown team as and when required
- Inspect asset as they return from lease and provide estimates for any damage/excess mileage.
- Liase with the customer and agree the End of Lease costs where applicable.
- Provide support to the Sales team during presentations and assist with any maintenance issues.
- Proven industry qualification City and Guilds level 1 & 2 Automotive Maintenance / Maintenance Engineering and repair.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a fully trained technician
- Good communicator, in-particular by telephone.
- Friendly and approachable, capable of fostering good customer / supplier relationships.
If you are an Fleet Field Engineer and would like to apply for this exciting role with one of the region’s leading employers, make an application via this advert or Call Anton on 0330 440 2323