Group HR Advisor
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience
Reports to: Group HR Manager
Based at: Tividale, with travel to other depots
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled HR Advisor to join our successful HR team and support the Group HR Manager in providing an excellent HR service to the business.
As Group HR Advisor you will become part of a hugely successful UK HR team with responsibility for providing business focused, commercial HR support to the business.
A generalist hands on multi-site role, supporting, guiding and upskilling line managers in all people related activity. You will be managing the daily transactional elements of HR together with supporting companywide HR projects, including transformation & change programmes.
- Providing HR Advice and guidance over the phone, email and teams for Managers on topics such as policies and procedures, employee relations and legislation
- Supporting the Group HR Manager with the ongoing transformation to align a cohesive HR strategy across the group, influencing uniformity and cultural change to drive HR processes effectively and robustly.
- Supporting HR training and development programme for Directors and Operations Managers
- Lead on activities such as performance management, absence management disciplinaries and grievances in a Unionised environment
- Supporting depots, addressing absence management monitoring including self-certification, medical certifications and the occupational health referral process including capability hearings
- Support the Group HR Manager with any due diligence process, documentation and TUPE consultation process
- Ongoing revision of group wide HR procedures, updating, revising and producing a significantly modified employment manual and driver handbook, keeping up to date with legal requirements
- Supporting talent and succession planning manage recruitment at all levels, internal and external, arranging and attending interviews where required
- Implementation on new employment screening and suitability policy
- Address long term absence issues across the group, introducing Occupational Health processes and robustly manage and re-educate managers.
- Monitoring of new drug and alcohol testing processes
- CIPD Qualification is desirable or studying towards
- Proven regional HR generalist experience of at least three to five years
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change and best practice
- Thorough, up to date understanding of employment law and ability to action disciplinary procedures where necessary
- Negotiation skills at multiple levels
- Relationship development ability
- Experience of devising and delivering training to both formal groups and the individual coaching of individuals
- Ability to manage an agreed project plan agreeing timescales
- Proactive team player with strong problem-solving skills
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including Excel and Word.
Next Steps: Please apply via job boards or you can contact us directly by referencing Aidan at Kemp Recruitment on 0330 440 2323