Job Role: HGV Technician
Pay: £40,000 - £44,000
Hours: 6am-4pm & 12pm-10pm, 1 in 2 Sat am (3.5hrs
Contract: Full time Permanent role
Benefits: Annual Bonus, Overtime, 33 days holiday, enhanced pension scheme, excellent training
HGV Technician opportunity
My client, a well-established transport company in Derbyshire is actively seeing to employ an experienced and qualified HGV Technician to be based out of a depot in the Derbyshire area to work on a full time permanent basis.
HGV Technician duties
- Mechanical repairs, cosmetic repairs, preparation of vehicles for MOT testing and taking vehicles to MOT, as well as routine 6 weekly safety inspections and B services.
- Performance of all maintenance services according to the manufacturer's instructions and according to the maintenance schedule/Service processor.
- All visual inspections, adjustment operations, adjustments, operating fluid changes and additions, replacement of worn equipment (e.g., brake linings).
- Responsible for repairing and servicing of vehicles booked into the workshop.
- Diagnosing faults on vehicles using the latest diagnostic equipment.
- Carrying out warranty repairs to manufacturers guidelines.
- Stripping fitting and replacing components on vehicles.
HGV Technician experience / qualifications required
- In order to qualify for the role, the successful HGV Mechanic will have industry recognised qualifications (NVQ or City & Guilds).
- You must have detailed experience as an HGV Mechanic and be familiar with modern commercial vehicles.
- Vacuum tanker, Road sweeper or RCV experience beneficial
- HGV Class 1 or 2 required
If you are an HGV Technician and would like to apply for this exciting role with one of the region’s leading employers, make an application via this advert