Job Role: HGV Mechanic
Pay: £42,000 - £43,000 Basic
Hours: M–F 8am-5pm (one late shift 9am-8pm)
Shift: Days (42 hrs)
Contract: Full time Permanent role
Benefits 21 days holiday + all bank holidays, overtime paid at 1.5 X, pension, free parking, excellent ongoing training and 1 hour break per day
HGV Mechanic opportunity
My client, a well-established fleet maintenance company is actively seeing to employ 2 additional experienced and qualified HGV Mechanics for their depot in Liverpool due to expansion and increased workloads. You will be responsible for working on multi fleets of commercial vehicles predominately DAF, Volvo, Iveco and Mercedes
HGV Mechanic duties
- Working in a well-equipped workshop, the successful HGV Mechanic will be required to undertake all aspects of vehicle service, maintenance, repair, diagnostics and pre-MOT prep
- Trailer repairs and inspections
- Duties range from correction of running defects to full vehicle overhauls, diagnostics and everything in between.
- You will also be required to undertake inspections and pre-MOT checks and undertake any repairs that are required.
HGV Mechanic qualifications / experience required
- In order to qualify for the role, the successful HGV Mechanic will ideally have industry recognised qualifications (NVQ or City & Guilds) or be time served
- You must have detailed experience as an HGV Mechanic and be familiar with modern commercial vehicles.
- IRTEC trained would be beneficial but not essential
If you are an HGV Mechanic and would like to apply for this exciting role with one of the region’s leading employers, make an application via this advert