Job Role: HGV Mechanic
Hours: Monday–Friday 6am-4pm & 7am- 5pm
Contract: Full time Permanent role
Benefits 25 days holiday + all bank holidays, overtime paid at 1.5 X – 2 X, pension, free parking, excellent ongoing training
HGV Mechanic opportunity
My client, a well-established company is actively seeing to employ an experienced and qualified HGV Mechanic for their depot in Coventry. You will be responsible for working on an internal fleet of circa 70 commercial vehicles.
HGV Mechanic duties
- You will be working on an inhouse fleet of circa 70 commercial vehicles to include tractor units, trailers, skip loaders and front loaders
- Working in a well-equipped workshop, the successful HGV Mechanic will be required to undertake all aspects of vehicle service and maintenance.
- Duties range from correction of running defects to full vehicle overhauls, diagnostics and everything in between.
- You will also be required to undertake inspections and pre-MOT checks and undertake any repairs that are required.
HGV Mechanic qualifications / experience required
- In order to qualify for the role, the successful HGV Mechanic will ideally have industry recognised qualifications (NVQ or City & Guilds) or be time served
- You must have detailed experience as an HGV Mechanic and be familiar with modern commercial vehicles.
- IRTEC trained would be beneficial but not essential
If you are an HGV Mechanic and would like to apply for this exciting role with one of the region’s leading employers, make an application via this advert