Job Role: HGV Mechanic / HGV Technician / HGV Fitter
Pay: £38,000 - £40,000 per annum
Hours: 6am-4pm & 8am-6pm, 1 in 2 Sat am (3hrs)
Contract: Full time Permanent role
HGV Technician opportunity
My client, a well-established vehicle hire company is actively seeing to employ an experienced and qualified HGV Mechanic / HGV Technician / HGV Fitter based out of a depot in the Derbyshire area to work on a full time permanent basis.
HGV Technician duties
- Mechanical repairs, cosmetic repairs, preparation of vehicles for MOT testing and taking vehicles to MOT, as well as routine 6 weekly safety inspections and B services.
- Performance of all maintenance services according to the manufacturer's instructions and according to the maintenance schedule/Service processor.
- All visual inspections, adjustment operations, adjustments, operating fluid changes and additions, replacement of worn equipment (e.g., brake linings).
- Responsible for repairing and servicing of vehicles booked into the workshop.
- Diagnosing faults on vehicles using the latest diagnostic equipment.
- Carrying out warranty repairs to manufacturers guidelines.
- Stripping fitting and replacing components on vehicles.
HGV Technician experience / qualifications required
- In order to qualify for the role, the successful HGV Mechanic will have industry recognised qualifications (NVQ or City & Guilds).
- You must have detailed experience as an HGV Mechanic and be familiar with modern commercial vehicles.
- An HGV Class 1 driving licence.
- Vacuum tanker, Road sweeper or RCV experience
If you are an HGV Technician and would like to apply for this exciting role with one of the region’s leading employers, make an application via this advert