Job Title: Mobile HGV Mechanic
Location: St Helens – Covering the surrounding area i.e. Ellesmere Port, Runcorn, Speke
Shift M-F Days 7.30am-5.30pm or 8.30am-6.30pm - poss flexible
Salary: £36K Basic with an OTE of £45K +
Benefits: Van, Fuel Card, Mobile Phone, Paid door to door, All overtime paid at 1.5X (plenty available) call out payment (1 in 6 weeks), cost of living and overalls allowance.
Pension: 6% employer, 5% employee, 28 days holiday (including statutory), death in service 3x annual salary.
Duties of the Mobile HGV Mechanic
- Perform a variety of routine servicing, inspections and subsequent repairs to one or more types of Distribution Tractors, Ro-Ro Tractors and other sea port equipment, Aircraft Equipment (GSE Only) and any other manufacturer’s products on customer’s premises when requested.
- Perform visual or operational checks to locate worn, dirty or maladjusted parts.
- Carry out technical inspections or use technical manuals and diagnostic techniques to find and repair inoperable or defective machine parts, components or systems using a small variety of test equipment.
- Provide technical support for customers, engineers and service support staff
- To be prepared to work away from home on customer’s vehicles either with or without workshop facilities being available for use, this may involve unsociable hours to ensure the completion of the job.
Experience/skills required for the Mobile HGV Mechanic
- NVQ or City and Guilds qualifications in HGV or equivalent qualification.
- Time served on HGV’s
- To demonstrate working experience in a similar HGV Mechanic role working on a range of heavy goods / specialist vehicles
- UK valid driving licence.
Interviewing now so If this Mobile HGV Mechanic role sounds of interest to you please apply to this advert with an updated copy of your CV