Job Role: HGV Workshop Foreman
Pay: £45,000 - £50,000
Hours: M–F 6am-4pm & 7am- 5pm (45 hrs) / No weekend working
Contract: Full time Permanent role
Benefits 25 days holiday + all bank holidays, overtime paid at 1.5 X – 2 X, pension, free parking, excellent ongoing training
HGV Workshop opportunity
My client, a well-established company is actively seeing to employ an experienced and qualified HGV Workshop Foreman for their depot in Coventry.
HGV Workshop Foreman duties
- The Workshop Foreman is the direct link between the shop floor personnel and Workshop Manager.
- Drive the required repairs forward from a VOR and inspections list to increase and maintain vehicle availability.
- Triaging repairs based on the teams’ capabilities and customer requirements.
- Raise the standards of repairs and maintenance, keeping good order of the workshop, and assisting in problem solving.
- A varied role that would require a balance between workshop admin, staff direction as well as contributing to vehicle maintenance including servicing, inspections, defect repairs and MOT preparations
- You will be working on an inhouse fleet of circa 70 commercial vehicles to include tractor units, trailers, skip loaders and front loaders
HGV Workshop Foreman qualifications / experience required
- In order to qualify for the role, the successful HGV Technician will ideally have industry recognised qualifications (NVQ or City & Guilds)
- You must have experience leading HGV Technicians and be familiar with modern commercial vehicles to include light and heavies
- Understanding of MOT standards and legal compliance.
- Understanding of 6 weekly service inspections and legal compliance to VOSA standards.
- Ability to inspire and lead, driving high standards of quality.
- Good housekeeping of key documentation.
- Knowledge of workshop H&S practices.
- Full UK driving licence
- Class 1 licence beneficial
- IRTEC trained would be beneficial but not essential
If you are an HGV Workshop Foreman and would like to apply for this exciting role with one of the region’s leading employers, make an application via this advert