Job Role: Logistics Controller
Pay: £25K-£27.5K per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm
Contract: Full time Permanent role
Benefits: Annual Bonus, 33 days holiday (option to purchase more), enhanced pension scheme, excellent training, Life Insurance, Private healthcare scheme, Discounted gym memberships
Salary sacrifice schemes for cars, bicycles and gym memberships
Logistics Controller opportunity
My client, a well-established Transport Company is actively seeing to employ an experienced Logistics Controller to be based out of an office in the Derbyshire area.
As Logistics Controller you will ensure that all our logistical requirements are met in the most efficient and cost effect way and that our driver workforce are utilised to their full potential each day. Reporting to the Logistics Manager our ideal team member will have previous experience in logistics management with excellent organisation and problem-solving skills.
Logistics Controller duties
- Make sure all movements are completed efficiently and in the most effective way possible.
- Merge deliveries and collections wherever possible to reduce costs.
- To ensure all planned movements are in line with the working time directive and with the UK Domestic working hours for Drivers.
- Ensure the customer is delivered the highest possible levels of customer service through prior contact with sites for both deliveries and collections.
Logistics Controller experience
- Have previous experience and understanding of logistics and supply chain
- Have excellent knowledge of British geography
- You posses a valid drivers licence, HGV Class 1/PSV Licence would be highly beneficial
- Posses knowledge of UK domestic working regulations
If you are an experienced Logistics Controller and would like to apply for this exciting role with one of the region’s leading employers, make an application via this advert