Job Role: Maintenance Controller
Hours: 8am-5.30pm (42.5hrs)
Shift: Days M-F
Contract: Full time Permanent role
Benefits: 25 days holiday + Bank holidays, Holiday purchase scheme, life cover & free onsite parking
Job Purpose of the Maintenance Controller
The Maintenance Controller role will sit within the Fleet Management team at my clients Wolverhampton Head Office supporting the team with authorising work to be carried out. This role requires a strong technical knowledge of HGV’s as will involve interaction with drivers, technicians, suppliers, and customers.
This is a role for someone who wishes to utilise their mechanical/ garage/ workshop experience in a fleet control environment so could suit a fully qualified HGV Technician who is looking to move off the tools into an office-based role
Main duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Controller
- Handing inbound calls / emails from mobile technicians, being a point of technical knowledge
- Supporting wider teams with - call handling, fleet maintenance bookings (service/repairs/breakdowns) and administration
- Ensuring all associated administration is completed to a very high standard
- Using your technical experience to understand and in certain cases query repair times/costs,
- Responsible for gaining your clients authorisation to get the repairs carried out in a cost effective manner.
Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge required for the Maintenance Controller
- Ability to understand technical work required / time frame needed to complete
- Very good technical knowledge gained in a Workshop environment and also someone who can interact at all levels to make sure the Vehicle down time is minimal
- Experience and knowledge of Compliance would also be useful.
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiator
- Must be proactive and be able to pay keen attention to the smallest of details
- Strong IT skills – internal systems, Microsoft excel, outlook etc
- Ability to work as part of a team and equally un-supervised
If you are an HGV Technician or existing Maintenance Controller and would like to apply for this exciting role with one of the region’s leading employers, make an application via this advert