Job Title: Mobile HGV Mechanic
Shift M-F Days or 4 on 4 off Days
Hours: Option 1: 7.00am-6.30pm
Option 2: 7.00am-7.00pm
Salary: upto £36K Basic OTE £40K (crca £5K in call out, cost of living and overalls allowance)
Benefits: Van, Fuel Card, Mobile Phone, Paid door to door, All overtime paid at 1.5X (plenty available) Pension: 6% employer, 5% employee, 28 days holiday (including statutory), death in service 3x annual salary.
Location: South West – covering Bristol, Avonmouth & Gloucester
Duties of the Mobile HGV Mechanic
- Perform a variety of routine servicing, inspections and subsequent repairs to one or more types of Distribution Tractors, Ro-Ro Tractors and other sea port equipment, Aircraft Equipment (GSE Only) and any other manufacturer’s products on customer’s premises when requested.
- Perform visual or operational checks to locate worn, dirty or maladjusted parts.
- Carry out technical inspections or use technical manuals and diagnostic techniques to find and repair inoperable or defective machine parts, components or systems using a small variety of test equipment.
- Provide technical support for customers, engineers and service support staff - specialising in alternative fuelled vehicles ie. Electric, hydrogen, focusing on areas including batteries, battery management system, drive motor, auxiliary drive pack & control systems.
- To be prepared to work away from home on customer’s vehicles either with or without workshop facilities being available for use, this may involve unsociable hours to ensure the completion of the job.
Experience/skills required for the Mobile HGV Mechanic
- City and Guilds Level 3 – Vehicle Mechanical and Electronic Systems – Maintenance and Repair Qualification or equivalent qualification.
- To demonstrate working experience in a similar HGV Mechanic role working on a range of heavy goods / specialist vehicles
- UK valid driving licence.
Interviewing now for an immediate start, If this Mobile HGV Mechanic role sounds of interest to you please apply to this advert.