Job Title: Mobile HGV Technician
Hours: Option 1: 7.00am-6.30pm (48 hrs) Monday to Friday Days
Option 2: 7.00am-7.00pm (48 hrs) 4 on 4 off Days
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Benefits: Van, Fuel Card, Mobile Phone, Paid door to door, Enhanced overtime rate, Pension: 6% employer, 5% employee, 28 days holiday (including statutory), death in service 3x annual salary.
Location: North London
Duties of the Mobile HGV Technician
- Perform a variety of routine servicing, inspections and subsequent repairs to one or more types of Distribution Tractors, Ro-Ro Tractors and other sea port equipment, Aircraft Equipment (GSE Only) and any other manufacturer’s products on customer’s premises when requested.
- Perform visual or operational checks to locate worn, dirty or maladjusted parts.
- Carry out technical inspections or use technical manuals and diagnostic techniques to find and repair inoperable or defective machine parts, components or systems using a small variety of test equipment.
- Will be required to undertake thorough inspections of accident damaged machines and produce accurate reports to enable repair.
- Provide technical support for customers, engineers and service support staff - specialising in alternative fuelled vehicles ie. Electric, hydrogen, focusing on areas including batteries, battery management system, drive motor, auxiliary drive pack & control systems.
- To be prepared to work additional hours when required which may include out of hours call out.
- To be prepared to work away from home on customer’s vehicles either with or without workshop facilities being available for use, this may involve unsociable hours to ensure the completion of the job.
Experience/skills required for the Mobile HGV Technician
- City and Guilds Level 3 – Vehicle Mechanical and Electronic Systems – Maintenance and Repair Qualification or equivalent qualification.
- To demonstrate substantial experience in Auto Electrician fault diagnosis and resultant repairs, including the use of electronic diagnostic equipment. To include working experience of a range of heavy goods / specialist vehicle.
- UK valid driving licence.
Interviewing now for an immediate start, If this Mobile HGV Technician role sounds of interest to you please contact me Anton or my colleague Natalie on 0330 440 2323 or apply to this advert.