Job Title: Mobile HGV Technician
Shift: M-F Days or 4o4o Days
Location: West Midlands (Coventry or Solihull)
Salary: £36K - £40,000 + Van + Fuel Card + Overtime (1.5X) + paid door to door + £3240 on call
Benefits: Benefits: Van, Fuel Card, Mobile Phone, Paid door to door, All overtime paid at 1.5X (plenty available) Pension: 6% employer, 5% employee, death in service, 3X annual salary and on call payment
Duties of the Mobile HGV Technician
- Perform a variety of routine servicing, inspections and subsequent repairs to one or more types of Distribution Tractors, Ro-Ro Tractors and other sea port equipment
- Perform visual or operational checks to locate worn, dirty or maladjusted parts.
- Carry out technical inspections or use technical manuals and diagnostic techniques to find and repair inoperable or defective machine parts, components or systems using a small variety of test equipment.
- Will be required to undertake thorough inspections of accident damaged machines and produce accurate reports to enable repair.
- Provide technical support for customers, engineers and service support staff - specialising in alternative fuelled vehicles ie. Electric, hydrogen, focusing on areas including batteries, battery management system, drive motor, auxiliary drive pack & control systems.
- To be prepared to work away from home on customer’s vehicles either with or without workshop facilities being available for use, this may involve unsociable hours to ensure the completion of the job.
Experience/skills required for the Mobile HGV Technician
- City and Guilds Level 3 – Vehicle Mechanical and Electronic Systems – Maintenance and Repair Qualification or equivalent qualification.
- To demonstrate experience working experience of a range of heavy goods / specialist vehicle.
- UK valid driving licence.
If this Mobile HGV Technician role sounds of interest to you please contact me (Paul) or my colleague Natalie on 0330 440 2323 or apply to this advert.