Position: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Hours: M-F 8.30am-5.30pm (38.75hrs)
Benefits: Pension: 6% employer, 5% employee, 28 days holiday (including statutory), death in service 3x annual salary.
Purchase Ledger Clerk Opportunity
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all supplier invoices are paid within terms.
Purchase Ledger Clerk duties
- Update the banks on a daily basis.
- Allocate payments and receipts to sales, purchase and nominal ledgers.
- Obtaining approval of purchase invoices and credit notes received.
- Posting invoices and credit notes, ensuring they are correctly coded in the system.
- Preparing monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Liaising with suppliers and other departments on missing and disputed invoices, through to resolution.
- Preparing and processing weekly supplier payment runs.
- Processing expenses claims and company credit card statements.
- Making payments via BACS and cheques and managing petty cash
Purchase Ledger Clerk Skills / Experience required
• Generalist bookkeeping / purchase ledger experience
- A solid understanding of double entry bookkeeping, Purchase, Sales and general ledgers
- Knowledge of Whitevisoin invoice processing software or similar product is preferable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Teams, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
If the above Purchase Ledger Clerk role is of interest please apply to this advert with an updated copy of your CV