Job Title: Regional Operations Manager
Job location: Central Midlands
Basic Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 DOE + Car + Excellent Benefits package
Working Hours: 40 hours per week Monday - Friday
My client, a specialist maintainer of heavy commercial vehicles is actively seeking to employ an experienced Regional Fleet Engineer.
As the Regional Fleet Engineer you will have overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the locations within your portfolio including workshop and rental functions.
Main purpose of the Operations Managers role:
• Maintenance Standards.
• Create value in across the region by growing profit, revenue, fleet and providing exceptional customer service.
• Management of the Locations team including operations administrators, drivers and workshop colleagues including out based technicians.
• Responsibility for all activities undertaken at that location including the maintenance of vehicles and associated equipment.
• Review of expenditure and profit and loss and develop plans to address variances.
• To be involved in resolving account disputes in any matters where potential bad debt provision could be incurred liaising with Head Office Credit Control function where necessary.
Repairs and Maintenance:
• Ensure Company standards regarding preventative Maintenance slippage are achieved or exceeded.
• Adhere to Company purchasing policy for all replacement components, consumables and to adhere to engineering best practice.
• Ensure maintenance standards are fully met through regular audits/quality inspections.
• Maximise warranty credits through effective use of the Company warranty programme.
• Conduct regular breakdown review and defect meetings to develop action plans to eliminate maintenance deficiency.
• Management of any other associated vehicle costs.
• Facilitate early resolution of any maintenance related disputes.
• Assist Customer Manager in the effective handling of the account.
• Fully skilled HGV technician through a recognised formal training programme.
• Experience with hydraulic equipment, fridges and tyres would be advantageous.
• Previous supervisory/ management experience is essential.
• Proven background in a customer facing operation.
• Demonstrable experience of budgeting, planning and P&L management.
• High level of IT skills especially MS Office. Lawson knowledge would be advantageous.
• Driving licence essential – HGV preferred.
• Recognised Health & Safety training or qualification desirable.
• CPC desirable.
• Proven track record in a customer facing, service oriented business.
• Proven ability to lead and motivate people in a pressurised environment.
• Experience of managing small teams of people in a goal oriented environment.
• Experience of conducting business analysis / forecasting against demand and supply profiles
• Ability to develop effective relationships at all levels.
• Able to communicate in a consistently professional manner using the appropriate style and format for the appropriate situation / circumstance.
The successful Regional Fleet Engineer can expect to receive an excellent package to include a salary of £50,000 - £65,000 per year depending on experience, a company vehicle, a contributory pension, plus other benefits to be discussed upon an offer of employment.
To make an application for this exciting role of Regional Fleet Engineer with one of the UK's leading employers, please send your current CV via this advert or call Gary at Kemp Recruitment on 0330 440 2323 (BT Local Rate) for further information.