As an experienced Sales Manager/Business Development Manager you will enjoy the challenge of developing the customer base of the short-term municipal vehicle hire business and maximising vehicle utilisation to meet income targets.
- Ensure targets for sales income and vehicle utilisation are achieved.
- Develop and grow the existing customer base.
- Assist in the management of key customer accounts.
- Work closely with the hire team to follow up on all sale leads generated.
- Work with the hire team to deliver exemplary customer service.
- Work as an ambassador to develop opportunities for the wider group.
- Maximise opportunities with existing customer base.
- Network with existing and prospective customers
- Promote and raise the profile of the company with customers.
- Produce a marketing plan to support the strategic business and growth plans, as directed by the senior management team.
- Proven sales track record in either HGV Vehicle Hire, Sales or Contract Hire organisation
- A good understanding of vehicle types and specifications
- Must be target driven and have previous experience in a similar industry.
- Numeracy and literacy; IT, Microsoft office, in particular Excel and Outlook,
- Customer service skills and the ability to work alone whilst being a team player.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Full driving licence
- Previous experience in municipal vehicle sector
- Previous background in customer account management
- Asset finance experience
- Experience dealing with local authorities
£40,000 Basic OTE £60,000
Car or Car Allowance
Home Based role reporting directly into the MD
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm (one hour for lunch)
80% of your time will be spent on the road meeting with existing/prospective clients