Position: Transport Controller (PSV Vehicles)
Shift: Monday to Friday (Day Shift)
As Transport Controller you will have a direct responsibility for ensuring that delivery schedules are completed on time and in full.
Previous experience of dispatching and controlling work using planning software is essential for this role.
- Responsible for ensuring plans received from external customers are checked for errors and used to coordinate the driver during the shift to ensure schedules are implemented and completed safely.
- Advising drivers or any delays or changes
- Query resolution
- Liaising with field management team and Planning Supervisor to ensure all required resources are provided at the appropriate times and that downtime in resource in escalated and managed accordingly
- Assist with complaints and delivery queries
- Experience of working in 'just in time' road haulage environment
- Confident and friendly telephone manner
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- GCSE Maths or equivalent at Grade C
If you are interested in this position please apply or alternatively call Brad at Kemp Recruitment on 07938377909. INDS2