Workshop Supervisor Role
Salary - £40,000
Location - Dorking
Hours - Mon - Fri - 39hrs
Overall Purpose of the position of the Workshop Supervisor
Responsible for the execution of all warehouse activities, changes, improvements, quality and health and safety. Ensuring that all company inventory records are timely and accurately recorded. Executing warehouse activities relating to goods receipt, goods put away, order picking, packing and shipping. Maintaining high standards of housekeeping to ensure that the area of goods in and warehouse locations are kept clean, safe, and tidy.
Main Duties of the Workshop Supervisor
- Day to day people management of shift to meet the day’s movement of materials/deliveries. (Plan and manage staff holiday requirements, staff absences using T&A system.)
- Ensure the smooth release/allocation of work to warehouse operative’s (goods in and goods out.)
- Ensure that the pick pack and shipment of deliveries is carried out to meet 100% of customer requirements by end of day for UK market and on agreed day for export markets.
- Responsible for resolving and communication of warehouse queries.
- Collection issues.
- STO queries with relevant parties.
- Goods receipt queries
- Customer complaints
- Execute CI/PI process.
- Process CI checks
- Investigate discrepancies and correct stock quantities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of Workshop Supervisor
- Good knowledge of warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehouse methods, procedure, and techniques.
- Ability to layout storage space and establish item and materials location.
- Ability to determine sequences for loading and unloading shipments for maximum space utilisation, safety, and damage protection.
- Highly competent in specialised material handling, storing and safety procedures required to meet regulatory requirements and policies.
- Thorough knowledge in all areas with warehouse and associated tasks e.g., goods receiving pick pack and ship, perpetual inventory, stock discrepancies etc.
- Ability to interrogate software related to warehouse management, and compile and report performance measures.
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of housekeeping and attention to health and safety issues so as to create a healthy and safe working environment.
- Ability to identify and implement agreed changes & improvements.
- Must Lead by example, & influence team positively to support business change and overall performance improvements.
Key Result Areas and Performance Measures of Workshop Supervisor
- All goods to be booked in on SAP by end of shift.
- All queries logged and passed to appropriate department for resolution, a daily status report prepared and circulated
- All goods received processed and available to pick within two days of receipt.
- All backordered goods resulting in a system status of 999 / 916 to be resolved within 24 hours.
- Customer Returns processed within 24 hrs.
- All Customer orders despatch on the day requested UK same day / Export as requested.
- Stock accuracy 99%
- Customer complaints
Specific Functional Contacts of Workshop Supervisor
- TMS CC Parts Management & Logistics team
- Parts Sales Team
- UK Service Operations
- Purchasing Team
If you are an experienced Workshop Supervisor and would like to find out more about this exciting role make an application via this advert or call Anton on 0330 440 2323 (BT Local Call Rate)