Due to significant expansion, my client, a specialist maintainer of heavy commercial vehicles is actively seeking to employ an experienced workshop Manager for their depot in the Burton-on-Trent area.
Main Purpose of Job:
• Overall responsibility for efficient operation of the vehicle workshop including cost control, maintenance standards, Health and Safety, security and effective manpower planning
• To ensure that you and your team work in a cohesive manner in order to achieve the vehicle availability requirements of internal and external customers, including servicing, maintenance and breakdown requirements within the planned costs
• Liaise closely with the CSM regarding all associated workshop activity and for administration support
• In conjunction with the CSM ensure that the availability of the vehicle fleets are maximised maximised and reviewed on a daily basis
• Ensure safety standards are implemented and followed to ensure full compliance to legislation and to the clients health and safety and environmental policies
• Provide management, support and guidance to the Workshop Staff in order that they perform to the desired standards, and in line with company targets and personal objectives
• Repairs and Maintenance
• Ensure maintenance standards are fully met through regular audits / quality inspections
• Ensure MOT pass rate standards are achieved
• Promote a culture of preventative maintenance at all times within your workshop
• Strive to eliminate vehicles returning to the workshop between scheduled visits
• Constant monitoring of vehicle condition when visiting workshop. Ensure all damage is accurately captured and charged to customer in a fair and equitable way
• HR Management
• Control and forecast manpower planning and overtime working planning for maximum efficiency including off-site / mobile Technicians productivity
• Document and communicate individual performance and training requirements
• Motivate the Team consistently recognising, reinforcing, communicating quality standards and measuring individual performance
• Health, Safety, Environmental and Security and Compliance
• Ensure safety standards are fully implemented and followed through by;
• Monthly briefings to review all safety matters
• Ensure the facility, equipment, fleet and liquid inventories comply with all environmental laws.
• Ensure security of the depot and vehicles in line with Company policies particularly with regard to key controls and lone working.
The successful applicant MUST have a background in commercial vehicle / HGV Maintenance and repair and MUST have worked as an HGV Technician prior to moving into a managerial environment.
The successful applicant can expect to receive an excellent package to include a salary of up to £40,000 per annum (Dependant on experience),
To make an application for this exciting role with one of the regions leading employers, send your CV via this advert or alternatively call Tom on 0330 400 2323 for further information.