Position: Workshop Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Pay: £40,000 - £50,000
About your new company
A fleet maintenance company who has been established over 20 years. My client is customer focused and ensures constant training is provided to their ever-growing team. My client is constantly investing in new technologies to ensure they work to the highest standards. Due to their outstanding success, they are now looking for a skilled Workshop Manager to join their team.
The Workshop Manager will be responsible for
- Looking after circa 500 pieces of kit to include trucks and trailers
- Responsible for a team (circa 6) of HGV Technicians and support staff leading, motivating and supporting them to work to a high standard
- Manage the workshop control operation, planning workload and resource and ensuring there is an efficient flow of authorised work, and relevant internal / customer documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all staff are fully instructed on safe workshop practices and correct use of all workshop equipment
- Ensure the workshop works to legal and Company standards at all times
- Responsible for the daily control of the workshop in order to maintain a high level of productivity and quality repair
- Dealing with all MOT bookings
- Scheduling all jobs / work to the HGV technicians for the duration of shift
- Booking parts out and ordering parts / consumables
The successful Workshop Manager will have
- Must have experience gained in a similar role to be considered
- Full UK driving licence
- You will either have experience working on HGV vehicles and/or the qualifications to do so and ideally worked on a variety of commercial vehicles.
- City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics, Maintenance & Repair or equivalent
- HGV Technician and workshop experience
- COSHH/IOSH Experience of working in a management role (supervisory/above)
To apply for this Depot Manager / VMU Manager with one of the region’s leading commercial vehicle maintainers reply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or call Shane at Kemp Recruitment on 0330 440 2323 (Charged at BT Local Rate) for further information.